Pagina's

zaterdag 3 augustus 2013

Faithy Trumbull.....

vandaag is het toch echt tijd om Faithy voor te stellen.....


 ze werd al een beetje ongeduldig.......






Faithy kwam een paar jaar geleden hier wonen, samen met haar patroon kwam er ook een mooi gedicht:

The Story of Little Faithy

I was born Faithy Trumbull in Ohio,
Excatly where, I still don't know.
Sewn from scraps of cloth and thread,
I had no face upon my head.

We trudged along in our wagon train
As we made our way across the plain.
Each day, towards the setting sun,
We rode for hours 'til we were done.

Little four-year-old Sissy held me tight,
on her lap all day, on her pillow at night.
She'd look at me in a funny way,
She'd turn to her mother, and she would say:

Momma, my Faithy doesn't have a face
Don't worry, Sissy,that's no disgrace.
Those with faces are so plain
All their expressions are the same
When Faithy's mood has a swing
Your imagination can paint anything.

When Sissy got old she forgot about me,
I sat on her cupboard waiting patiently.
If I had eyes I would have cried
When they laid me by the new babe's side.

As Betsy grew older she really loved me,
We talked of love as we drank our tea.
And only to her did I belong,
Wherever she went I tagged along.

But I got dirty and I got worn,
It'd been a while since I was born.
And as Sissy fixed the dress I wore,
I heard the words I heard before:

Sissy, my Faithy doesn't have a face
Don't worry, Betsy, that's no disgrace.
Those with faces are so plain
All their expressions are the same
When you're with Faithy every day,
You can see her face in your own way.

Although Betsy was my best friend,
Every good thing must sometime end.
So they put me in a trunk to keep,
On soft blankets so I could sleep.

How many years I softly slumbered,
How many dreams, sweet unencumbered.
But somebody finally remembered me,
And opened the lid and set me free.

There was Betsey's wrinkled face,
And another woman I couldn't place.
And a sweet girl of five or four,
And I heard those words before:

Momma, that dolly doesn't have a face
Don't worry, Carrie, that's no disgrace,
Those with faces are so plain
All their expressions are the same
She's had many faces on which to boast,
You can choose the one that you love most
Larry Franz



Zie je dat ze nu blij lacht?

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wat een leuke pop en een enig gedicht!!!!
    Even lekker aan het bijlezen bij jou (en genieten)
    groetjes, (ook aan je bruine buren!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen